Mrs Pinch can’t be the only one looking forward to a bit of turkey curry in the days after Christmas – especially when it’s made with our Organic Madras Curry Blend. This is a great way to use the darker turkey leg meat, and as this is a leftovers curry, feel free to throw in a few other seasonal ingredients like nuts and dried fruit, then break out the Christmas chutney and enjoy!
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil (we use Cullisse)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 fat clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp Pinch Organic Madras Curry Blend
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Cooked turkey leg and thigh meat, shredded
- 250ml natural yoghurt
- A handful of blanched nuts and dried fruit (optional)
- 400ml can of coconut milk
- pinch of salt
- chopped coriander leaf to serve
Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onions and garlic and cook over medium heat until they are soft and golden about 10 minutes. Add the Madras Curry Blend and stir to coat the onions. Cook for a minute, then add the tomatoes and cook, covered for 5 mins. Add the cooked turkey meat and the yoghurt, re-cover and cook for 15 mins. Scatter in the nuts and fruit, then add the coconut milk, season with salt, cover again and cook for 20 min. Sprinkle with the chopped coriander. Serve with basmati rice, or naan bread or both! Seasonings Greetings!!